SMARTUP is a proud member of the Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition which is a network composed of different organisations who are concerned by the digital skills gaps we face in Europe and who accept a responsibility to be proactive and to contribute to address this challenge in their respective areas.
It is a unique initiative supported by the European Commission that:
- enables any organisation to pledge actions, programmes, initiatives which could contribute to the improvement of digital skills situation in Europe;
- offers a platform of exchange to learn from peers and to showcase developed actions and initiatives as well as their impact;
- helps to join forces to pave the way for a strong digital Europe.
Any organisation actively contributing to reducing the digital skills gap in Europe can become a member of the Coalition through the online form found here.
The Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition aims to:
- Train 1 million young unemployed people for vacant digital jobs through internships/traineeships, apprenticeships and short-term training programmes.
- Support the upskilling and retraining of the workforce and, in particular, take concrete measures to support (SMEs).
- Modernise education and training to provide all students and teachers with the opportunity to use digital tools and materials in their teaching and learning activities and to develop and upgrade their digital skills.
- Reorient and make use of available funding to support digital skills and carry out awareness-raising about the importance of digital skills for employability, competitiveness and participation in society.