GREENTOUR “Green Entrepreneurship through Sustainable Eco-Tourism”
BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
Over the past few years, due to both the COVID-19 pandemic and an increasing economic difficulty in many parts of Europe, and the world, tourism has seen a large decline in most fields. One sector that has found growth in these turbulent times is local and rural eco-tourism. This kind of tourism was popularized further during the pandemic as a way to enjoy a holiday without endangering yourself, as well as a more affordable method of enjoying a vacation. Above all, rural and eco-tourism is a much more sustainable way of travelling and enjoying tourism, and is a great way to enjoy your free time while reducing your carbon footprint and the toll your travels take on the environment!
With this in mind, GreenTour: “Green Entrepreneurship Through Sustainable Eco-Tourism” looks to raise awareness of the potential within Eco-Tourism as a tool for Green and sustainable Entrepreneurship, and the possibilities it offers not only to activate local and rural economies, but to experience new cultures and broaden our horizons in a more sustainable way.
Green Tourism is the ideal way to involve rural and semi-rural areas in the sector of tourism, as well as offering an alternative to traditional urban tourism for those wanting more involvement with nature and the environment. GreenTour aims to show young people and youth workers the possibilities at their disposal to help the fight against climate change while also activating rural and local economies through green entrepreneurship.
PROJECT OBJECTIVES & RESULTS
- Multilingual and Multilevel Project Website: available in English, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and Greek.
- Eco-Tourism Competency Framework for Youth Workers and “Eco-Tourers”: A customized Competency Framework showing the key capabilities necessary to embark on an eco-tourism green enterprise, designed specifically for youth workers and potential “Eco-Tourers”, young people in areas with high eco-tourism potential, available in all project languages (EN/FR/ES/IT/NL/EL).
- GreenTour Online Course: A cutting edge online course based on the findings and knowledge developed in GreenTour’s Competency Framework, designed to provide potential “Eco-Tourers” willing to improve their capabilities with an interactive upskilling experience, offering the chance to learn the keys to launching and running and effective green enteprise through sustainable eco-tourism, available in all project languages (EN/FR/ES/IT/NL/EL).
- GreenTour Handbook: A summarized Handbook compiling points of interest of the previous project results, as well as useful tips and resources, intended to serve as an easily accessible guide filled with strategies, good practices and training methodologies for the implementation of green entrepreneurship opportunities and eco-tourism activities in rural and semi-rural areas, available in all project languages (EN/FR/ES/IT/NL/EL).
- Capacity-Building Toolkit for Youth Exchange and Youth Exchange in Guadeloupe: Capacity-Building Toolkit to complement the project’s Handbook and assist in implementing the project’s innovative 1-week Eco-Tourism Youth Exchange in Guadeloupe, where young people will come together to learn and immerse themselves in an ideal green entrepreneurship location, participating in learning activities and open discussions on eco-tourism, green entrepreneurship and its role in the fight against climate change.
- Final Project Conference in Spain to disseminate the project and its developed results among young people and youth workers, promoting the values and knowledge acquired during the implementation period and encouraging participants to embrace eco-tourism and green entrepreneurship as the new wave of green tourism.
- Young People between 16-30 in rural and semi-rural areas.
- Youth Leaders and Youth Workers
- Volunteers and Teachers/Trainers involved in Youth Work or education.
- Potential “Eco-Tourers” and other interested stakeholders interested in being involved in green entrepreneurship and eco-tourism.
- Additional target groups will be identified and targeted alongside the project implementation and any other interested parties can also benefit from the freely accessible results and outputs of GreenTour.
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). Neither the European Union nor EACEA can be held responsible for them.
Project No: 2022-2-FR02-KA220-YOU-000097173